Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Lost and found...

It has been so long since I last blogged... to be precise, I think it has been several months, bordering a lifetime ago. Somehow, I managed to get lost in my work, home life, and somewhere along the way I began to learn how to sew and started about a million other projects. I must have forgotten that I have a camera, and rarely did I hear it beckon me to hold it, cradle or push it's magic button. But it did eventually call my name... And with that thought, a couple of weeks ago, I made a trip down south to pick my mother up from my sisters home... They share an apartment in the gorgeous southern town of Savannah. If you have ever been there, then you know exactly what I am talking about. And, amazingly, I had a great time...

While I was there visiting; my mother, my siblings and myself went driving and Island hopping, and oh what sites we did see. We took a boat ride to an island that was an hour off shore, and on the ride over to this small Island that wasn't no more than 5 miles long and about 2 miles wide, we were entertained by real wild dolphins swimming freely in the ocean, what a fabulous site to see, a once in a lifetime treat that very few people get to experience. I thought that was spectacular and well worth the money we had paid for the ride to the island and back. Once, we touched foot on shore, we were able to obtain golf carts to tour the island and take photos of the many sites around the Island at our leisure.

So on with the show...

I love boats... don't know why, maybe it's because they are a mystery to me. I was never allowed on one when I was real little, and we lived out west as I got a little older, and when we moved back east, to be all honest, I didn't know anyone who had a boat or had access to one. So, to say the least, they have always been a mystery to me. Here is a sail boat that I thought was so pretty sitting at the docks, awaiting for it's next journey out to sea.


And below, you will see a boat, very similar to the one we chartered to take us over and back to the little Island... This is the Calibogue. God, isn't she pretty. I could spend all day on the sea in one of these, I could also spend all day at the dock just walking among the many boats, take their portraits and telling each insentient beast what a picture of crème de la crème they are. A beauty indeed!!



And seen wouldn't be fit without a third to create a perfect tryptic... This is one of my favorites also... but personally, I think Calibogue, is my favorite, maybe cause I rode it's twin over and back again... I love boats...


Stay tune, there's more to come!!!!